Calgarymoves.com, online in real time, brought to you directly by|
Robert Charlton, B.A., REALTOR®.
This site was co-created September 30, 1999 by Robert Charlton and Scotter.
Top buyer tips.|
There are many factors to consider when buying a home, but the following are some of the most important things to keep in mind. Click here for a list of buyers services I provide.
- Know what to expect. Buying a home is more than just looking at a few homes and putting in an offer. Click here for an overview of the home buying process.
- Work with a Realtor. This is more than just a plug for my services. This can save you a lot of time and effort. Most people coming to open houses say they are just getting started and do not want to waste our time. Why would they want to waste their own? As a full time real estate professional, I can provide answers to many of your initial questions and give you direction in your first phase of house hunting. Contact me for more information.
- Know how much you can spend. Get prequalified for a mortgage (interest rates can be locked in for usually a three month period of time) and determine what monthly amounts you would be comfortable with using Canada's Best Mortgage Corporation Calculators. You do not have to spend the full amount of your qualification on a home.
- Familiarize yourself with the offer to purchase. This is the document you will be signing when you buy your home.
- Know what you want. Develop a list of things you would like to see in your home. Prioritize these items into wants and needs.
- Be flexible. If you are not finding everything you want be prepared to adjust your expectations. Often the easiest change to make in terms of finding more options is to be adaptable in what neighbourhood you would like.
- Be patient. Finding you the right house at the right price in the right place could take a while, particularly if you are a current homeowner looking for a change of pace. Part of our job is to make sure you know what is currently out there and what possiblities exist based on past sales.
- Prepare yourself. If you want to know about the process of buying a home there is lots of information available. See the links at the bottom of this page for easy access to some of these resources.
- Set no time or house viewing limits. The search for the perfect home could take one day or it could take three years. When you find the right home you will feel it.
- Travel in your own vehicle if possible. This will allow you to review each home you see between showings without the influence of a Realtor.
- Make sure your Realtor, lawyer and financial provider are acquainted with each other. Most agents have great working relationships with law offices and mortgage brokers. This helps ensure that any problems are handled effectively and that the deal flows smoothly.
- Have fun. Buying a home should be an adventure, not an ordeal.
To get started on finding your next home, give me a call or send me an e-mail..
Buyer Info  |
Calgary Homes For Sale  |
This page last updated November 20, 2014
All material copyright © Robert Charlton, B.A.. This site is hosted by Cosbit.