HOMES FOR SALECONTACT
Calgary & Area Information
This page is here to provide links to everything you need to know about Calgary.Calgary is a vibrant city of about 850,000 located in the foothills of Alberta in Western Canada.Calgary is truly a wonderful city, famous for its big blue sky, wide open space, bike paths, river walks and proximity to the mountains.Within an hour's drive, you can enjoy hiking, skiing and mountain biking in the majestic Rocky Mountains, Kananaskis Valley or Banff National Park.
Calgary has the second largest concentration of corporate head offices in the nation -- it is Canada's energy capital, and Western Canada's business capital.Oil and gas is the major industry in Calgary and is the top job-creating industry followed by agriculture and tourism.
Calgary is a great city for celebrations. The city hosted one of the most successful ever Winter Olympic Games in 1988,and annually hosts the world famous Calgary Stampede and events at Spruce Meadows. Calgary will also be hosting the 2005 Goodwill Games. Whatever the event, Calgarians are always happy to welcome international visitors to their community.
This directory of websites is put together to help you get as much information as possible about Calgary and the surrounding area.
- ATTRACTIONS: Museums, Parks and more
- BUSINESS LINKS: Chamber of Commerce and more
- COMMUNITY INFORMATION: Information on individual communities.
- COMPUTER SERVICES: Internet Service Providers, hosting services.
- EDUCATION: Schools, Colleges, Univeristies, Libraries
- EMERGENCY AND HEALTH SERVICES: Police, Fire, EMS
- ENTERTAINMENT: Movies, Theatre, Festivals and other Events
- GOVERNMENT: City, Provincial, Federal
- MAPS, DIRECTORIES & POSTAL SERVICES
- MEDIA: Newspapers, Radio, Television
- NATURAL AREAS: Parks, wilderness and conservation
- PHOTO GALLERIES: Photo galleries of the Calgary area
- SOCIETIES & ASSOCIATIONS: Non-profit organizations
- SPORTS & RECREATION: Sports franchises, Ski hills, Parks
- TRANSPORTATION: Local services, Bus lines, Road reorts
- UTILITIES: Electrical, Gas, Phone, Cable
- WEATHER: Calgary weather from a few sources
Home  | Contact  | Buyer Info  | Seller Info  | Listings  | Real Estate Info  | Calgary InformationThis page last updated July 12, 2003.
This site was co-created September 30, 1999 by Robert Charlton and Scotter.
All material copyright © Robert Charlton, B.A., Webmaster. This site is hosted by Cosbit.